Each year musicians from around the world challenge one another to compose and record an album’s worth of material (10 songs or 35 minutes of music) in the month of February (this being a leap year, we get an extra day). This is not a competition, but rather a community effort to push ourselves into new creative endeavors. The results of my efforts last year, as well my first untitled (suggestions are welcome!) song on my as yet unnamed album can be found at The RPM Challenge website, where you will also be able to search other participants. This first song includes accompaniment by my wife on vacuum. I’ll keep you updated on my progress. And if you’re a musician, please jump in; all are welcome.
Join Our Mailing List
- New Bonnie "Prince" Billy acoustic session & interview will be released along with our redesigned website Jan. 15th.
- A tribute to @modestmouseband ("Third Planet") shot on an island in Michigan's Upper Peninsula: http://t.co/YHGsJ3ZMCr
- Of Suicide & Sublimity http://t.co/y9hRQOKyR3 via @HuffPostArts
- Fogged Clarity: Aural - The Hand in the Ocean http://t.co/eH5geFo0DB
- Chelsey Clammer reviews Brad Zellar's "House of Coates" on @ElectricLit here: http://t.co/gck4veeBBo